Friday, October 31, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Here it goes...
What can go up a chimney down, but can't go down a chimney up?
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
If you were stuck in a room with 4 walls & a roof, no doors or windows, and the only other things in the room was a table & a mirror, what would you do?
Give us your best guess(es)! (to guess click on comment at the bottom of this post)
Saturday, October 25, 2008
- The Courage of Sarah Noble By: Alice Dalgliesh
- Carolina's Courage By: Elizabeth Yates
- Amos Fortune Freeman By: Elizabeth Yates
- Betsy Ross By: Ann Weil
- Benjamin Franklin By: John Tottle
- Heidi By: Johanna Spyri
- The Courtship of Sarah McLean By: Mr. and Mrs. Stephen B. Castleberry (the Castleberrys' books are fantastic!)
- Jeff McLean: his Courtship By: Mr. and Mrs. Stephen B. Castleberry
- Waiting for Her Isaac By: Mr. and Mrs. Stephen B. Castleberry
- Journey of the Heart By: Jeannie M. Castleberry
Farm Mystery Series
- Footprints in the Barn By: Mr. and Mrs. Stephen B. Castleberry
- The Mysterious Message By: Mr. and Mrs. Stephen B. Castleberry
- Midnight Sky By: Mr. and Mrs. Stephen B. Castleberry (can you tell I like the Castleberrys' books?! ;D)
- Who, Me? By: Mr. and Mrs. Stephen B. Castleberry
- Weighty Matters By: Mr. and Mrs. Stephen B. Castleberry
- Where there's Smoke By: Mr. and Mrs. Stephen B. Castleberry
- The History Mystery By: Mr. and Mrs. Stephen B. Castleberry
- Ellie By: Mary Christner Borntrager
- Daniel By: Mary Christner Borntrager
- Ten P's in a Pod By Arnold Pent III
- The Greystone Lodge By: Author Unknown
- Show your Colors By: Author Unknown (a well known author, right?! ;D)
- Clean Hands and Circulating Decimals By: Isabella Alden
- The Second Reader By: The McGuffy reader
- Carry on Mr. Bowditch By: Jean Lee Latham
- They Gave us wings: the Wright Brothers By: John Hudson Tiner
- Trail Blazer of Science: Robert Boyle By: John Hudson Tiner
- Inventor, Scientist, and Teacher: Isaac Newton By: John Hudson Tiner
- My Country Tis of Thee: Samuel Francis Smith By: Marguerite E. Fitch
- Alone Yet Not Alone By: Tracy Michele Leiniger Cravens
- Adam of the Road By: Elizabeth Jane Grey
- The Hiding Place By: Corrie ten Boom (not recommended for younger children)
- Prison Letters By: Corrie ten Boom (not recommended for younger children)
- Tramp for the Lord By: Corrie ten Boom (not recommended for younger children)
- A Gown of Spanish Lace By: Jeanette Oke (not recommended for younger children)
- Twig the Collie By: Craig Massey
- Wisdom and the Millers By: Mildred A. Martin
- Prudence and the Millers By: Mildred A. Martin
- School days with the Millers By: Mildred A. Martin
Hope you enjoy this!!!
Friday, October 24, 2008
Giving credit where credit is due, this was drawn from a photo found in June / July 1999 Birds & Blooms magazine, taken by Gwendolyn Brand of Rowland Heights, California. - Julia
The night before he moved
A special note:
To our Dear Friend & Former Neighbor, to Mr. Amos, or as we like to call him, Mr. "A": We hope you have a very special & Happy Birthday, and that the Lord will bless you with many more birthdays! We wish we could celebrate it with you. Guess we could celebrate with you "long-distance". :) You have become like family to us, our "adopted uncle".
Mr. Amos by his truck loaded on the last day we had him as a next-door neighbor.
We miss you as a neighbor & being able to see & talk to you every day [although it may have not been enjoyable to you :)]. We miss the fact that we could climb your tree, run in your backyard & play the fun games that you came up with. :) We are glad you were able to get a good job back in Oklahoma, close to your parents & family, and we hope to be able to get together soon!
Mr. "A" reading to Johanna & Jaden
We love you, Mr. "A"! Happy Birthday!
David, Julia, Joel, Abby, Caleb, Phoebe, Johanna & Jaden
Monday, October 20, 2008
Okay...no more clues...except for this one last one:
Our bountiful & beautiful harvest of peppers
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Thursday, October 16, 2008
So...here it is:
Can you match the 50 States of the USA to their Capitals or the Capitals of the 50 States to the correct State? I'll start off with 5 mix match and do 5 more mix and match later on, etc. Here it goes:
1. Illinois, ______________
2. ___________, Annapolis
3. Nevada, _____________
4. North Carolina, __________
5. ___________, Salem
To guess, just click on comment at the end of this post, and leave your guess(es)
Saturday, October 11, 2008
We also enjoyed watching the hummingbirds visiting Uncle Paul's feeder. A couple of times, there were at least 3 enjoying the sweet nectar.
We had a wonderful time with our Arkansas family & with Grandma! The hospitality was first-rate, and we laughed our stomach's sore at Grandma McKnight's funny stores, anecdotes and jokes. We look forward to more memories and fun times with our family in the future.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
First off with an important quote:
"What is important to note is that Republican John McCain had Zbigniew Brzezinski as his foreign policy advisor for his 1999-2000 Presidential campaign. Now Barack Obama has Brezezinski as one of his principle advisers." - NY attorney Patrick Krey points out the lack of difference between these supposed adversaries who look for advice to the same outspoken champion of globalism and interventionism. Brzezinski, a longtime member of the Council on Foreign Relations, was Jimmy Carter's security adviser.
With that in mind, here is a very helpful article that every American should read before heading to the ballot box.
"Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people." Proverbs 14:34
May we always look to our Lord for strength, to stand for Righteousness and Biblical morals in an ever darkening world.
Monday, October 6, 2008
...give the Bible the honor due to it every day you live. Whatever you read, read that first. And beware of bad books: there are plenty in this day. Take heed what you read. I suspect there is more harm done to souls in this way than most people have an idea is possible. Value all books in proportion as they are agreeable to Scripture. Those that are nearest to it are the best, and those that are the farthest from it, and most contrary to it, the worst." - J.C. Ryle Thoughts for Young Men
"When you roam, they will lead you; when you sleep, they will keep you; and when you awake, they will speak with you." - Proverbs 6:22
Saturday, October 4, 2008
If you have any comments on it, please leave them, just click on comments, and leave your thoughts.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Goodness! September flew by so quickly I can hardly believe that its over! What a lovely month it was. The weather cooled down, and it has not been above 95 in about a month. The past few nights, we've seen temperatures dip near 60 degrees in the evenings, which makes for some cool weather in the mornings! Glorious for walking...
Sorry for the lack of personal posts the last couple of weeks. The way everything is going over here in America is crazy!
Some of the exciting happenings recently:
- We have been doing a topical study (for school) on weather. It is very amazing how God created the wind, cold, heat & wetness of this planet. We have been learning some staggering facts about the weather and how powerful it can be.
- The continued excitement surrounding the opening of our church's Apologetics Library shows that there is such a desire to know the Truth. We have big plans, and are praying God's will on all that we do and want to do. More to come I'm sure... ;)
- The last couple of Sunday's several of us have gotten together with friends at a local park to enjoy fellowship and fun! We've played 2 rousing games of softball in beautiful weather. This last Sunday afternoon found 16 of us playing in the bright sunlight. I got a slight sunburn on my face. We have invited several more friends to join us for some hoped for fun this coming Sunday. I personally can't wait!
- Fall cleaning is in full swing, actually I have just been doing some deep cleaning alongside my usual weekly cleaning. Last week the house looked marvelous (at least parts of it did). I keep asking myself, "why can't it just stay this way all of the time?" But alas, it seems that the 2nd law of Thermodynamics is still in place (everything goes from order to disorder). I am happy to report that we are keeping the place in much better shape due to a joint effort! Thanks guys!
- It is time for the yearly migration of the Monarch butterfly and we have been seeing literally dozens of them glide delicately by on their glossy wings. They are some of my favorite butterflies and it has been a spectacular show.
- Our garden continues to produce veggies & fruit. We have several tomatoes, and also peppers, watermelon, and hopefully pumpkins. We observe their steady growth daily.
I could write lots more, and I hope to soon. Unfortunately, our camera's charging cord is broken, so for now you will have to be satisfied with text.
Blessings on your week!
~Abby for the Kautt Krew
"For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." - Philippians 1:21