Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Daily Life~

Well, it has been a while since I have posted anything "personal" but I guess you probably know that I have my own blog which keeps me busy, besides micro-blogging at twitter as well. :) No excuse, I should let you all know what I've been up to lately.

Even though Mom is doing better each day she has still not resumed her full duties - actually, she mostly does not perform any tasks, which is fine. I still do the majority of the housework, cooking and cleaning, which I enjoy very much (especially the cooking). Entertaining guests has become something I enjoy as well, and I have had multiple opportunities here lately to try my hand at becoming a better hostess.

I continue (along with my fam) to do things on the political front, which is almost a full time job! :P Since we get school credit for each minute we spend doing activism, we try to take a few minutes each week to contact our leaders in D.C. to let them know our opinion on certain issues, pieces of legislation, concerns, etc. I was so nervous the first time I called my Representative, but that has worn off to some extent. :)

The last week and a few days we have been vastly enjoying the visit of my father's brother and his wife who serve as missionaries in Tuebingen, Germany. Since they live so very far away, and since it is very expensive to travel, we only get to see them about once a year. Those visits are treasured times for us all, and we look forward with bated breath to each sabbatical. They spent the night Sunday, and were with us until the early afternoon yesterday. Hopefully, we will get to see them at least a couple of times more before they leave for their homeland.

This weekend will find me in Tyler (East) Texas, Lord willing, helping my Aunt Jen celebrate her pregnancy. Her friend is throwing a baby-shower and us girls and Mom have been invited. I am looking forward to seeing family on my Mom's side, we don't see them very often and besides all that, its in the country. :)

I was reading a book the other day about this girl with cancer whose illness affected the rest of her family, causing stress, bitterness, grief and worry to weigh them down - and I was thinking how very similar the young lady's (who's perspective the book was written from) perception of her sister's sickness and my perception of my mother's sickness were. The story is very sad, and yet abounding with hope, because the family had The Hope - Jesus Christ to see them through the valley of the shadow of death as it were. Even when we cannot see the purpose of what we are experiencing at the moment, I was reminded that I should always trust in the sovereignty of God's plan, He always knows best! [the name of the book is: Dana's Valley by Janette Oke and Laurel Oke Logan]

On the first of this month, I read Psalm one and Proverbs one and it struck me how both of those passages speak about wisdom (and her worth) and folly (and its destruction) and I was comparing how many times both speak of wisdom and folly (or imply it at least) and I counted 8 munitioning's in Psalm 1 and in Proverbs almost every verse has something to say, in a comparative way about wisdom versus folly. Obviously, this is such an important concept and I realize that almost every day when my beloved littlest brother does something silly!

Well, lunch awaits so I must be off. God bless your week!

No comments: