Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sanctity of Life Sunday

Today is Sanctity of Life Sunday which remembers the legalization of abortion in the United States beginning in 1973.
Life. Love it. Protect it.
~~~~~~~
" Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them."
(Genesis 1:26-27 ESV)
~~~~~~~
"For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them."
(Psalm 139:13-16 ESV)
~~~~~~~
"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD,
the fruit of the womb a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior
are the children of one's youth.
Blessed is the man
who fills his quiver with them!
He shall not be put to shame
when he speaks with his enemies in the gate."
(Psalm 127:3-5 ESV)
~~~~~~~
“Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome day of the LORD comes.  And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction.”
(Malachi 4:5-6 ESV)
~~~~~~~
"but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven."
(Matthew 19:14 ESV)

No comments: