Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sewing project, done.

Way back in the summer, I began creating a denim skirt for my own uses.  I wanted it to be full enough where I could run and climb and play ball in it comfortably.  Then we had our church’s VBS, our long-planned for family vacation, school shopping, the resuming of the school year, and still my half-finished skirt lay miserably undone.

The finished product
The finished product

Sometime in October Mom suggested that we work to complete my skirt, as I was in need of some clothing.  I reluctantly agreed.  Sewing is not “my cup of tea” as it were, though I understand its value.

The chosen pattern
The chosen pattern


We began again to sew on this project, and after many starts and stops, I put the final stitches into the waist-band last night!  Hooray!

No comments: