Friday, November 16, 2007

'Tis the season... to give Thanks!

With ThanksGiving fast approaching here in America, I wanted to take the time to express my gradtitude.

I have been blessed to grow up in a home where giving thanks is not just reserved for one day out of the year. The other night, while at the dinner table, we all had a chance to express our thanks to God about one thing that He has done in our lives, and then also to say something about the person to our right. I always enjoy these times of worship, and thanksgiving. We should remember to give thanks every day, and not just on ThanksGiving!

On Sunday our church held it's annual "Blessing count Sunday". This is a time where instead of a formal sermon preached by Dad, the people of the congregation are invited to express their thankfulness for what the Lord has done in their life, blessings they've received through other people, etc. I was not able to attend the actual service, but I know that it was good from past experience.

Afterward, a potluck meal was served and we all enjoyed a time of food and fellowship. The ladies group at our church presented to our family a large (and I mean large!) fruit basket. It was the "perfect" gift, since our famiy is vegitarian. Joel had our digital camera, so we don't have any we can upload at this time. We did take some with our other camera, but we'll wait for those pictures. What a blessing from God! We have been enjoying the oranges, kiwi, pears, apples, strawberries, grapes, bananas and bell peppers tremendously! We look forward to Thanksgiving day, and the hoped for fruit salad.

"Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever... Who gives food to all flesh, for His mercy endures forever." Psalms. 136:1,25

"Oh, give thanks to the LORD! Call upon His name; make known His deeds among the peoples! Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him; talk of all His wonderous works! Remember His marvelous works which He has done, His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth." Psalms. 105:1-2, 5

I am especially grateful to God this year for: The Bible, which is always true, and is a piercing light that leads me, and convicts me, strengthens me and is an everlasting comfort in times of trial and affliction. My parents, who if it weren't for them I wouldn't be here. :) They are a great encouragement to me to walk as a daughter of the King of Kings should, and as a daughter in her father's house. I have learned much from their examples, and words of wisdom and instruction. My family, this includes our dear friend Larry Amos (we miss you!!), they have been a huge encouragement to me to walk in the Lord. Also, they are such dear fun to be around, what would I do without you all? I love all of you and pray that the Lord will bless you in a very special way this Thanksgiving!

I pray that you, our readers will have a very blessed Thanksgiving. God bless you one and all!

"Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." I Thessalonians 5:23

-Abby

No comments: