Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Phoebe's 15!

At the Defending the Faith conference.  We girls got our picture taken with Voddie Baucham.
I posted this on my blog Saturday, Phoebe's actual birthday.

Today is a special day at our house. 15 years ago this afternoon, we received into our hearts and home a beautiful, brown-eyed bundle of joy whom we named Phoebe (Greek – Bright and radiant).

In front of a green screen
I had been praying for a little sister I could share a room with, since I had two brothers (I was the middle child at that point), I wanted someone I could talk to, play with and share “girly” experiences.

Dear Pheebs
Phoebe is one of the quiet, mature young ladies I know her age. She has wise words to share, sweet gestures to make and acts of kindness to those around her. And, she is very smart! Oh, and one other thing I LOVE about her – she is a talented pianist!

Beautiful girl
P - Patient. Playful. Prayerful. Pretty. Pianist.

H – Hopeful. Honest. Helpful. Happy.

O – Obedient. Optimistic. Orderly.

E - Eager. Earnest. Effective.

B – Bold. Beautiful. Big-hearted.

E – Exuberant. Exciting. Essential.

At the Creation Museum
I am so thankful that Phoebe is a part of our family. She is such a blessing, and she shows it every day when she works in the kitchen, edits videos, does her schoolwork, plays with Jaden, talks to Mom, or folds the latest load of laundry. Beyond all of those things, she has a passion for people – especially evangelizing them, winning lost souls for Jesus Christ! God has truly gifted her with a sharp intellect, a wit that few possess. She has been able to put all that to use in her creative video editing jobs and in her input for our Ministry.

At the Circle
I love you Phoebe! May the Lord richly bless you day by day as you serve Him, and give you many more joyful years of life!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Happy Birthday, Phoebe!

The Kautts said...

Thanks Hannah!

~ Phoebe