Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mom's Day



As Mother's Day is coming up, I reflect on the past and how my Mother has served me the past twelve years. She has been such a blessing to me. I can go and talk with her about a problem I have and she has great advice about it, not to mention she tells me scripture verses and hugs me!

One thing I really appreciate about her is, she has emphasized the importance of memorizing scripture, so that if persecution arises or some other hard trial occurs we can be comforted by the knowledge that God is with us and will never leave us nor forsake us. I used to think I will do fine in life without memorizing scripture. However, as I get older, I have noticed that first, when Jesus was tempted in the wilderness (see Matthew 4:1-11), what did He shoot back to the devil? It was a scripture verse-- each time! Second, I have had some trials in my life and God has used the scripture verses that I have memorized to help me. Thanks, Mom for making sure I understood the importance of scripture memory!

Other times, I have needed to share some personal things with Mom and she has been open to listening to what I have to share. Of course, since Mom has been sick a lot of my lifetime, I cannot always share everything with her, so I share them with Abby-- my "second Mom". I appreciate and love both of you!

Mom, I hope you have the best Mother's Day and many more to come in the years ahead!

I love you,

Johanna "Ruthie"

There is no

greater place of

ministry, position, or

power than that of a

mother.

~ Phil Whisenhunt

No comments: