Tuesday, February 9, 2010

God's Way is the Best Way

Please go to Dad's blog and read the latest sermon, God's Way is the Best Way. He preached this sermon on Sunday, February 7, 2010 (last Sunday). It is VERY good!

Taken from Psalm 1, Psalm 18:28-33, Isaiah 55:1-3, 6-9 and John 14:6. Very powerful!

Here are the first few paragraphs:

I’ve got a two-question survey I’d like to conduct this morning – and guess what? Your number is the one I’ve dialed and I’ve got you on the line… So, will you participate with me in this?

Question number one is designed for you to show your response to what I
ask, by raising your hand. But, question number two – let’s just say that I
invite you to take it up with the Lord, just between Him and you – without any
visible response on your part at this time…

Here’s the first question: “How many of you believe that God’s way – His plan – is the BEST way to go?” Raise your hand, please, if you agree with that statement.

Okay, now to question number two – and, again – I urge you to take this one up with the Lord, just the two of you. Here’s the question: “If people watching your life were to try to discern whether or not you really believe that God’s way is best, what would they say – what conclusion would they draw, based upon the way you live your life?”

“God’s way is the very best way” – our survey says that an overwhelming majority of this crowd, at least, really believe that to be the case. But, the question – the one that makes us squirm in our seats, the one that pricks our consciences, or maybe even causes our blood pressure to go up – is not: “Is God’s way the BEST way?” But, rather, “Does my life line up with my acknowledgement and confession that God’s way is best?”

No comments: