Since Thanksgiving is in 3 days, I thought I would post a recipe for your Thanksgiving meal. Pecan pie is a traditional desert for Thanksgiving. I got this recipe off of this website, and modified it a bit. Since white sugar and corn syrup are bad for your health, I replaced them with honey and Agave nectar (or maple syrup). Enjoy!
- 1 (9 inch) Pie Shell, pre-baked 10-12 minutes
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 cup chopped Pecans
1. Combine honey, Agave nectar (or maple syrup), eggs, vanilla and salt in a large bowl.
2. Add pecans and coat nuts well.
3. Pour pecan pie filling into pie shell.
4. Bake 45 minutes. After 30 minutes, check to see if piecrust is getting too brown, if so cover edges with foil.
5. Do not over-bake. Remove when pie filling is firm around edges, slightly soft but set in center.