Thursday, August 7, 2008

Quotable Quotes!

Here are some funny senarios that Mom recorded, that involve Jaden (Mom is the one writing):

August 2, 2008

Jaden told me he made his bed & I commended him. "When I fill my chart (chore chart), guess how much money Caleb will give me?" "A quarter?" "No. Four quarters, in paper form." :) "With a one on it, right?" I asked. He grinned.

"So what else is on your chart besides making you bed?" I questioned. "Mmmm. Taking out the trash. (He helps Caleb) There's a spot on there for washing my armpits." (It's a cartoon picture.) He smiled wryly. "But I don't need to do that. Here, sniff." And he held up his arm & opened the sleeve.

I declined

He went on, "Of course, if you don't smell anything, it might not be that it doesn't stink, but that you...ummm...your smell buds don't work." :)

August 6, 2008

I had some dishes I needed to haven taken from my bedroom to the kitchen. I called Jaden, from the next room, to come get them. He appeared. But I wasn't about to ask him to do the job; his whole backside was wet, & his legs were spattered with muddy water. He had been playing with his "hot wheels" track & cars on the driveway, in a puddle.

I told him I'd get someone else to carry off the dishes.

He said, "If I was clean, I'd do it!" The he cheerfully added, "and I wouldn't charge you a penny!" (I said, "That's especially nice, since I'm your Mother!")

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Jaden is so funny sometimes, and yet, he can be so serious. He is also very smart, sometimes too smart! Jaden, I love you, we love you buddy!

Phoebe

No comments: