- Lots of political activity for both the Ron Paul & Kevin George campaigns. This includes: distributing fliers, painting signs, talking to friends, neighbors and countrymen about these two candidates.
- School work of every shape and form: going to and listening to lectures on everything from ethics, and foreign policy, to life, liberty and the constitution.
- Taking care of sick children, and Mom's various health needs. Thankfully, nobody has ended up in the hospital, yet. :)
- Housework, cooking, cleaning, etc. This is my favorite thing to do above all the rest, and I get to do my share of it around here. :)
- Watching YouTube videos about Ron Paul and his stance on different issues. We have received an education just listening to him talk. I learn something new each time I listen to him.
- Going to church functions, Bible study and family worship here at home. Right now, we are slowly going through the book of Joshua during our family worship times. It has been a very enlightening study, even though we don't always get to meet each day, we still have our own quiet times, and hopefully we learn through that time spent in the Word of truth.
- Entertaining family. Our Aunt Jill and her 'tribe' come occasionally. They aren't really guests anymore, just like family and we love every opportunity we can find to get together. They have a new house, and have acquired several animals, including Chandler the cutest dog which they brought along with them this last visit. It's actually Dustin's, but he lets the whole family pet him. :)
- Learning Logic, using the very helpful book The Fallacy Detective by Nathaniel & Hans Bluedorn. We just completed a session about propaganda. What a perfect subject to study during this political season!
We have been truly amazed at how God continually blesses our family. The Lord continues to work in all our lives, to bring us closer to Him, and to refine us into His image. We are so excited about 2008 and what it holds for our family! We don't know what all will happen, but as we look forward to some of the things we have planned, we do so with the knowledge that they can change in a second if the Lord so wills. We hope that you and your family will strive to serve the Lord in the way He would have you to! God's richest blessings to you in this year!
"Whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit; let him turn away from evil and do good; let him speak peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil." 1 Peter 3:10-12 ESV